LibertyLink® GT27™ Soybeans Commercialized in the U.S.July 11, 2018
The U.S. commercial launch of LibertyLink® GT27™ (Event FG72 x LL55) soybeans has been announced by MS Technologies™ and Bayer. The new LibertyLink® GT27™ trait stack will benefit soybean growers by being the first to market combining tolerance to Liberty® (glufosinate-ammonium), glyphosate, and a new HPPD mode of action herbicide for soybeans, pending EPA approval. The new HPPDi (Group 27) herbicide under development will be the first of its kind available for use in soybeans. There are no HPPDi herbicides approved for use on soybeans.
LibertyLink® GT27™ soybeans have received all of the required import approvals to advance to commercialization in 2019 and will be broadly licensed throughout North America. Currently, over 100 seed companies have signed on to offer LibertyLink® GT27™ soybeans in their brands in 2019.
"The commercialization of LibertyLink® GT27™ soybeans is a great milestone for us in our continuous efforts to offer soybean growers more effective weed management solutions," said Rick Turner, Head of Seeds for Bayer.
For more information, read the news release from MS Technologies™.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Journalist and Experts Promote Biotech to Attain Food Security
- Birthplace of African Rice Domestication Found in Mali
- American Soybean Association Requests Accurate Bioengineered Food Labeling
- LibertyLink® GT27™ Soybeans Commercialized in the U.S.
- Public Consultations Set for Golden Rice Field Trials
- Scientists Discover Genetic Resistance to Wheat Fungal Disease
- Int'l Research Team Finds New Receptor Used in Symbiosis between Legumes and Rhizobia
- JIC Study on Rice Blast Pathogen Elucidates Plant-pathogen Co-evolution
- Rice MicroRNA Improves Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Creeping Bentgrass
- Researchers Find Gene for Manganese Tolerance in Rice
From the BICs
- SABC & ICRISAT Recommend Measures to Boost PPP in Agriculture Research
- BioTaiwan 2018
- Author Shares Journey from Anti-GMO Activism to GMO Advocacy at Talking Biotech Podcast
- Study Explains Auxin's Role in Rice Root Proliferation
- GS9 Regulates Rice Grain Shape and Appearance
- Researcher Uses CRISPR-Cas9 as Immune System for Plants
- CRISPR-Edited Tobacco Produces Improved Proteins for Pharmaceutical Use
- Genome Editing in Agriculture: Methods, Applications, and Governance
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: