India Launches Massive Pink Bollworm Awareness CampaignFebruary 28, 2018
The Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation in the Government of India, Mr. Nitin Gadkari, launched a massive pink bollworm awareness campaign in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India on February 25, 2018. The pink bollworm awareness campaign is implemented jointly by South Asia Biotechnology Centre (SABC), Indian Society for Cotton Improvement (ISCI), and Agrovision Foundation.
Minister Gadkari led the pink bollworm awareness campaign float that would travel in most of the affected villages in Vidharbha, Maharashtra. The campaign float plays a teaser jingle when it reaches an affected village by spreading the message of effective pink bollworm control. The pink bollworm jingle will be aired twice a day through All India Radio – Akashvani. During the launch, Minister Gadkari released a Marathi version of pink bollworm management strategy authored by Dr. CD Mayee and Bhagirath Choudhary. He also released a cartoon booklet and a poster on pink bollworm awareness campaign. A total of 100,000 posters were distributed in the villages.
Minister Gadkari was joined in the event by Dr. CD Mayee, Bhagirath Choudhary, and members of the academe, officials from ICAR-CICR, ICAR-CIRCOT, ISCI, and Agrovision Foundation. Around 300 farmers and professionals working in cotton value chain participated in the launch.
More details about pink bollworm awareness campaign on SABC website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- WEMA Gives Hope for Farmers Battling Armyworm in Kenya
- Ghana CSIR Affirms Safety of GM Crops
- Research Reveals New Approach to Improve Nitrogen Use, Enhance Yield, and Promote Flowering in Rice
- Researchers Monitor Photosynthesis in Soybean Using Invisible Light
- Scientists Discover Secret of How to Triple Number of Sorghum Grains
- India Launches Massive Pink Bollworm Awareness Campaign
- Increasing Sugar Yield and Biomass Production in Arabidopsis Discovered by VIB Scientists
- Land Plants Evolved 100 Million Years Earlier than Thought
- Study Shows How Plants Use 'Baits' to Trap Pathogens
- RNAi-mediated Knockdown of GmFAD2-1B Improves Oil Quality in Soybean
- Rice Gene Confers Citrus Canker Resistance to Transgenic Mandarin
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used in Reverse Genetics Studies of Parasponia
- lncRNA1459 Knock-out Alters Tomato Fruit Ripening
- Researchers Apply CRISPR-Cas9 on Cacao Leaves
- Transgenerational CRISPR-Cas9 Induces Multiplex Gene Editing in Wheat
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Researchers Unlock Genetic Code of the Brightest and Most Vibrant Colors in Nature
- BIO Asia International Conference
- Plants, Genes, and Agriculture Book
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 17, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: