Agri Info Officers Trained on Agri Storytelling on Social MediaNovember 2, 2017
DA Regional Field Office III information officers, technical staff, and other constituents of government agencies learned about maximizing engagement through Facebook and Twitter, crafting social media posts, the social media plan, infographics, and using Facebook for advocacy in the field of agriculture and biotechnology during the training Storytelling Agri-Innovations through Social Media held on October 28, 2017 at Hotel Stotsenberg, Clark, Pampanga.
The training involved hands-on exercises on developing social media plans, and crafting and posting messages on social media pages and accounts, and equipped participants with skills in optimizing social media engagement, particularly for agri-biotech and related topics. ISAAA social media managers Ms. Clement Dionglay and Ms. Kristine Grace Tome served as resource persons.
The activity was organized by ISAAA, SEARCA BIC, DA-Biotech Program, and DA Regional Field Office III. For more updates on biotech in the Philippines, visit SEARCA BIC website.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Kenyan Stakeholders Prepare for Commercialization of Bt Cotton
- Pumpkin Genome Sequence Now Available
- USDA APHIS Announces Availability of Petition for Deregulation of GE Cotton
- Scientists Engineer Cowpea to Produce Bt Protein Against Maruca Pod Borer
- Pampanga Stakeholders Get Updates on Biotech and Biosafety Regulations in PH
- Scientists from China Develop Rice that Can Grow in Seawater
- Scientists Develop Late Blight Resistant Potato
- AtFC1 Overexpression Confers Plant Tolerance to Cadmium Toxicity
- Potassium Transporter OsHAK1 Regulates Responses to Drought Stress in Rice
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Drought Resistant Jojoba to Help Grow New Forests
- Water Buffalo Genome Sequenced
- The Roles of B-BOX Genes in Pears
From the BICs
- Agri Info Officers Trained on Agri Storytelling on Social Media
- Generation of Parthenocarpic Tomato Plants using CRISPR-Cas9
- Smallholder Farmers to Gain from Gene Editing Technology
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 1, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: