PARC Adopts New Techniques for Agricultural Development in PakistanAugust 23, 2017
Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC) adopts new research technologies for crops and livestock development, according to PARC Chairman, Dr. Yusuf Zafar T.I. in his opening remarks during the "Competitive Grant Selection Committee Meeting" at PARC headquarters in Islamabad on August 9, 2017.
Dr. Zafar said that agricultural funds are provided to PARC for the development of agricultural sector in Pakistan. Participants of the meeting expressed their views on microbiological use of industrial waste and their role in poultry feed fortification, effect of different antibiotics and steroidal residues in chicken meat, and their effects on humans.
For more, read the news release at the PARC website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Terminology Matters in Biosafety Communication
- Biologists Show How Plants Turn Off Genes They Don't Need
- Researchers Describe Gene that Makes Large, Plump Tomatoes
- Australian OGTR Receives License Application for Commercial Release of GM Cotton
- Vietnam Will Have to Continue Importing Maize
- Davao Stakeholders Updated on Crop Biotech and Philippine Biosafety Guidelines
- Green Revolution Genes Promise More Yield
- GmSN1 Overexpression Enhances Virus Resistance in Arabidopsis and Soybean
- Role of PtrZPT2-1 Gene in Plant Tolerance to Multiple Abiotic Stresses
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Targeted Mutagenesis in Tetraploid Switchgrass
- CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing in Rapeseed
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Plant-produced African Horse Sickness Virus Novel Vaccine
From the BICs
- DA-Davao Info Officers Explore Social Media for Sharing Agri Innovations
- PARC Adopts New Techniques for Agricultural Development in Pakistan
- Updated Pocket Ks on Biotech Now Available
Subscribe to CBU: