PABIC and ICCBS Hold ISAAA Report LaunchAugust 2, 2017
The ISAAA report, (Brief 52) Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2016, was launched in Pakistan in an event organized by the Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center (PABIC) in collaboration with International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi (ICCBS). The report launch was conducted during the inaugural ceremony of SINO-Pak Hybrid Rice Research Center at ICCBS, University of Karachi on July 26, 2017. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ajmal Khan and Prof. Dr. Atta-ur-Rahman jointly launched the 52nd annual report of ISAAA.
PABIC Director, Prof. M. Iqbal Choudhary discussed highlights of the ISAAA report as well as the achievements of Pakistan in the field, being the seventh largest biotech country in the world. On the other hand, Prof. Dr. Atta-ur-Rahman emphasized the need for swift adoption of agri-biotech applications in Pakistan to meet the food, fodder, and fiber needs for the growing population.
The ceremony was also attended by His Excellency Wang Yu, Consul General of China in Karachi and six member delegation of Chinese National Rice Research Center (CNRRI), Hangzhou - China, comprised of Prof. Dr. Cheng Shihua, Director General CNRRI, Prof. Dr. Zhuang Jieyun, Deputy-Director CNRRI, Prof. Dr. Wu Jianli, Dr. Wang Kejian, Professor, Dr. LuoJu, and Dr. ZhengYouchuan.
For more details about the event, contact Dr. Sammer Yousuf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Methodological Flaws Found in Studies Reporting Adverse Effects of GM Crops
- Ghana Gov't Supports GE Research to Combat Armyworm
- New Assembly for Bread Wheat Genome has 10x Higher Contiguity
- USDA APHIS Announces Extension of Deregulation to GE Canola
- PABIC and ICCBS Hold ISAAA Report Launch
- CSIRO Decodes Genome of Megapests
- Pangasinan Stakeholders Learn about Bt Brinjal, Affirm Support for Bt Talong
- Study Reports SmartStax Maize Does Not Affect Non-Target Organisms
- RPW8.1 Gene Boosts Pattern-Triggered Immunity against Multiple Pathogens
- Overexpression of Mutated ZmDA1 or ZmDAR1 Gene Improves Maize Yield via Enhanced Starch Synthesis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Transcriptional Activation via CRISPR-dCas9 Mimics Overexpression Phenotypes in Arabidopsis
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Japanese Scientists Genetically Engineer A True Blue Chrysanthemum
From the BICs
- Pakistan and China to Work Together in Advancing Agriculture
- Challenges in Commercializing Biotech Crops Tackled in Seminar
- European Biotech Week 2017
Subscribe to CBU: