Biotech Crop Highlights in 2016May 17, 2017
ISAAA released the Pocket K version of the report on the Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops: 2016 (ISAAA Brief 52). The Pocket K titled Biotech Crop Highlights in 2016 summarizes the main topics of the report including the global area of biotech crops (1996-2016), biotech crops in industrial and developing countries, distribution of biotech crops in 26 countries, and global value of biotech crops.
Pocket Ks are Pockets of Knowledge, packaged information about crop biotechnology products and related issues. It is developed by the Global Knowledge Center on Crop Biotechnology to deliver key agri-biotech information in easy-to-understand style and downloadable as PDF for easy sharing and distribution.
Also available: Highlights of the 2016 ISAAA Report (video).
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- USDA APHIS Extends Comment Period for Nonregulated Status GM Canola
- Obama Talks about Benefits of Agri-biotech
- Competition Turns On Plant Genes
- Australian OGTR Invites Comments for Field Trial of GM Sorghum
- Indian Farmers May Soon Adopt Indigenously Developed Insect Resistant Cotton
- India's GEAC Approves GM Mustard for Commercial Planting
- DEFRA Approves GM Potato Field Trials
- Overexpression of Galactinol Synthase Gene Improves Drought Tolerance in Rice
- Improvement of Salt Tolerance in Tobacco via Overexpression of TaFBA1 Gene from Wheat
- Researchers Show How Sugarcane Produces More Sucrose
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Oxitec Develops GE Moths to Vegetable Pest
- TALEN-Mediated Knock-in Genome Editing in Silkworm
- Biotech Crop Highlights in 2016
- Researchers Study Type III-A CRISPR-Cas System as DNA Targeting Modules
- Cell Penetrating Peptide-Mediated Delivery of CRISPR-Cas System
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (October 4, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: