Synthetic Biology MOOC Teaches How to Make DIY DNAMarch 22, 2017
A massive open online course (MOOC) on synthetic biology (Synthetic Biology 1) teaches students to read, write, and create custom DNA sequences. The course is presented by The Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI), which is located in Paris. The MOOC teaches the theoretical and applied tools from biology, math, and computer science that are used in synbio labs around the world. It will also introduce key questions of ethics and safety that drive the global conversation on the responsible use of a new technology.
For more details about the course, visit Synthetic Biology 1.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- NAS Releases Report on Preparing for Future Biotech Products
- East Africa Gears for Synthetic Biology
- Egypt Hosts the International Conference on Biotechnology and Environmental Safety
- Discovery by Researchers Could Help Increase Plant Yield Caused by Looming Phosphate Shortage
- International Research Team Discovers Gene that Resists Virus Causing Maize Lethal Necrosis Disease
- VIB-UGent Researchers Discover Gene that Increases Seed Yield in Maize
- European Chemicals Agency Says Glyphosate Not Carcinogenic
- Production of Antibacterial BP178 Peptide in Rice Seed Endosperm
- MADS-box Gene SlMBP11 Regulates Plant Architecture and Reproductive Development in Tomato
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Genome Reprogramming for Synthetic Biology
- Researchers Generate Nulliplex Polyploid Arabidopsis using CRISPR-Cas9
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Cell-Penetrating Peptide-Mediated Delivery of CRISPR-Cas9
- Being Human 2.0: SynBio LIVE
- The Story Behind the Approval of the First Bt Maize Product
- Synthetic Biology MOOC Teaches How to Make DIY DNA
Subscribe to CBU: