EFSA Shares Raw Data From Risk Assessment of GlyphosateDecember 14, 2016
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has shared the raw data from the EU safety evaluation of the herbicide glyphosate. The raw data was sent to the members of the European Parliament (MEPs) who sent an official request to see the information.
The information includes raw data from all the genotoxicity and carcinogenicity studies used in the glyphosate assessment. It also includes the EFSA Conclusion and background documents (more than 6,000 pages).
Dr. Guilhem de Seze, Head of EFSA's Regulated Products Department, said, "EFSA is fully committed to openness in its risk assessments and welcomes this opportunity to increase the transparency of the glyphosate evaluation."
For more details, read the news release from EFSA.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- New CAST Paper Examines Trade and Biotech Issues
- Nigeria Academy of Science Declares Support for Biotech
- Water-saving Plants Help Develop Drought Resistant Crops
- To Fight World Hunger, Researchers Use Nuclear Methods to Study Pest Resistance in Corn
- Biotech Crops Contribute ~US$127,000M to Argentina's Economy
- Australia's OGTR Authorizes Commercial Release of GM Cotton
- Study Reveals Plants Learn New Habits, Too
- EFSA Shares Raw Data From Risk Assessment of Glyphosate
- USDA FAS-GAIN Releases Agri-biotech Updates in Portugal
- Tomato ERFs Found Vital for Resistance to Botrytis cinerea
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Reassessment of the Yield-Related Genes in Rice through CRISPR
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Generation of Gene-Edited Birds Using Sperm Transfection Assisted Gene Editing
- ISAAA Blog Post: The Trial of Bt Talong Field Trials
- The Science of GMOs
- Pocket K No. 53: Anti-allergy Biotech Crops
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 3, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (July 20, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: