USDA FAS Releases Nigeria GAIN ReportOctober 28, 2015
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Foreign Agricultural Service (USDA FAS) released the Global Agricultural Information Network (GAIN) report on the agri-biotech status of Nigeria. According to the report, Nigeria passed the biosafety bill into law and established the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) in April this year. NBMA provides regulatory framework, an institutional and administrative mechanism in the application of modern biotech in the country. Confined field trials of biotech cow pea, sorghum, and cassava have been conducted and multi-locational trials have been approved. Because of these developments, stakeholders project that adoption of agri-biotech products will not face major setbacks in Nigeria.
Read the report from USDA FAS.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- USDA FAS Releases Nigeria GAIN Report
- Uganda's President Calls for Modern Science Thinking
- MSU to Conduct Study to Improve Potato Production in Bangladesh and Indonesia
- Study Finds Molecular Mechanism in Plant Translational Activity
- USDA Deregulates Biotech Corn MON 87411
- ICAR Signs MOU with SABC
- National Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Pakistan Celebrates World Food Day 2015
- Crop Genomics to Help Feed the World
- Research Shows Effect of CSR on Consumers' Perceptions on GE Food
- Molecular Mechanism Allows Predictability of Plant Flowering Time
- Characterization of the Pepper CaPAO Gene for Defense Response to Salt-induced Leaf Senescence
- Identification of Key Genes Conferring Low Cadmium Accumulation in Barley Grains
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Genome of Asian Tiger Mosquito Sequenced
- ISAAA Infographic: Do You Know Where Biotech Crops are Grown?
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (January 25, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to CBU: