Pakistan Celebrates World Food Day 2015October 28, 2015
The Ministry of National Food Security and Research (MNFS&R), together with Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Food Programme (WFP) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) organized an event to celebrate World Food Day (WFD) at National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC) in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The year's theme was "Social Protection and Agriculture; Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty" and the chief guest was Mr. Sikandar Hayat Khan Bosan, the Federal Minister MNFS&R. He said that the government has taken the necessary steps for the growth of agriculture sector and also for the social protection of farmers. According to him, the government is committed to eradicate poverty and enhance food security. To achieve this goal, zero hunger and family farming programs will be launched, with FAO's technical expertise and cooperation.
For more details, read the article at the Pakistan Biotechnology Information website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- USDA FAS Releases Nigeria GAIN Report
- Uganda's President Calls for Modern Science Thinking
- MSU to Conduct Study to Improve Potato Production in Bangladesh and Indonesia
- Study Finds Molecular Mechanism in Plant Translational Activity
- USDA Deregulates Biotech Corn MON 87411
- ICAR Signs MOU with SABC
- National Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Pakistan Celebrates World Food Day 2015
- Crop Genomics to Help Feed the World
- Research Shows Effect of CSR on Consumers' Perceptions on GE Food
- Molecular Mechanism Allows Predictability of Plant Flowering Time
- Characterization of the Pepper CaPAO Gene for Defense Response to Salt-induced Leaf Senescence
- Identification of Key Genes Conferring Low Cadmium Accumulation in Barley Grains
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Genome of Asian Tiger Mosquito Sequenced
- ISAAA Infographic: Do You Know Where Biotech Crops are Grown?
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (January 25, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to CBU: