Mobile Gamers to Help Find Cure for CancerMarch 11, 2015
Researchers from the Cancer Research UK and partners developed a mobile game called Play to Cure: Genes in Space which uses the collective force of players to analyze real genetic data and help scientists in beating cancer.
The gamers' mission is to collect a fictional substance called Element Alpha. This represents genetic cancer data, which might help understand specific types of cancer. When the gamers map the route towards Element Alpha, data analysis results go back to the scientists, which could have taken them hours to accomplish. These data will be used to develop new treatments against cancer.
Read more about the game or download it at the Cancer Research UK website.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- UN Leaders: Women Farmers Key to Achieving Food and Nutrition Security
- GM Soybean Oil Identical to Conventional Soybean Oil
- Researcher Develops Strategy to Improve Crops and Treat Diseases
- Scientists Promote Production of Enzyme for Plant Growth
- Developing Cesium Tolerance in Plants
- MSU Prof Highlights Genomics Application in Agri
- Gene for Amylose Synthesis Identified
- Researchers Report Climate Change Influence on Food Safety
- S&T Committee Urges Change to EU Rules for GM Crops
- Arabidopsis PLAT-Domain Protein1 Promotes Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Tobacco
- OeAOX2 gene Linked to Rooting Ability of Olive Cuttings
- Overexpression of RCH10 chitinase Gene in Lilium Confers Resistance to Botrytis cinerea
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Mobile Gamers to Help Find Cure for Cancer
- The Plant Genomics Congress (Asia)
- 7th Asia Pacific Biotech Congress
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 20, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 13, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: