BIO Urges FDA Approval of GE SalmonMay 15, 2013
Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) is urging the U.S. Food and Drugs Adminstration to approve the commercialization of genetically engineered salmon. According to the BIO Director of Animal Biotechnology, Dr. David Edwards, all the required procedures have been completed and the charge of the FDA to assess safety and efficacy of the DNA construct on the intended animal is fulfilled. He also stressed that the conducted evaluation has been thorough enough to provide supporting details for moving a decision regarding the commercialization of the biotech product.
Read the original article a t http://www.biofuelsdigest.com/biobased/2013/04/30/bio-urges-fda-approval-of-gmo-salmon/.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Sacred Lotus Genome Sequenced
- USAID Collaborates with Syngenta to Improve Global Food Security
- National Food Security can be Attained in Uganda if Farmers will Plant GM Crops, Harvard Prof Opines
- Egypt Celebrates 2013 Biotechnology Day
- J.R. Simplot Petitions for GM Potato Deregulation
- USDA Approves Testing of Pink Pineapple
- Genetic Engineering Helps American Chestnut Trees to Rise Again
- Wild Relatives of Crops Discovered in the U.S.
- Scientists Develop New Cost-Effective Method of Genome Assembly
- Biotechnology Among the Highlights of ASEAN Executive Forum to Level Up Agriculture
- Gene Silencing to Boost Agricultural Yields
- Researchers Identify Plant Mechanism that Control Nitrogen Utilization
- Scientists Work on Preserving the Sahara Olive Tree
- Specialized Transporters for Plants to Increase Food Production
- Transgenic Maize Shows Improved Nutritive Quality and Salt Resistance
Beyond Crop Biotech
- BIO Urges FDA Approval of GE Salmon
- USDA Scientists Finds Gene Defect as Cause of Stress Syndrome in Pigs
- New Method for Dev't of Altered Mice to Model Human Disease
- BioMalaysia & Bioeconomy Asia Pacific 2013 Goes to Johor
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 22, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: