Korea Hosts 10th International Congress on Plant Molecular BiologySeptember 26, 2012
The 10th International Congress on Plant Molecular Biology 2012 will take place from 21 to 26 October 2012 in Jeju International Convention Center (ICC) in Jeju Island, South Korea. The event is co-hosted by Jeju National University, the Korean Society for Plant Biotechnology, and the Korean Society of Plant Biologists and sponsored by IPMB (International Plant Molecular Biology).
The congress will have approximately 300 oral presentations and 1000 poster presentations as well as 3 commemorative presidential lectures, 8 plenary lectures and various 54 sessions with various themes.
Soo-Chul Park, director of the National Center for GM crops (NCGC) of the Next-Generation BioGreen 21 Program in RDA, South Korea and Jonathan Gressel are co-chair and will attend the ‘Biofeedstock Biotechnology' session on October 23. IPMB is an international congress and provides research results of current studies every three years. It will be an opportunity to bring together a total of 350 high-level speakers and over 1500-2000 researchers from all over the world with latest research results and knowledge in plant molecular biology.
The Next-Generation BioGreen 21 Program organized by Rural Development Administration (RDA) will be held on 5pm-8pm 22 October at Delizia Hall as a special program of the congress. This event aims to promote internationalization of the Next-Generation BioGreen 21 Program.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO, France Vow Partnership for Food Security
- CGIAR CEO Talks About the Org's Way Forward
- Cameroon Partners with IITA to Improve Agriculture
- CIMMYT, IITA Conduct Training on Seed Production and Field Trials Management
- Twisting of Plants' Roots Prompted by Barriers, Researchers Find
- Bacillus Subtilis not Always a Good Bacterium, Scientists Reveal
- Scientists Uncover How Plants Create Benzoic Acid
- AMA Reiterates Support for GM Technology
- Filipino Student Writers to Feature Crop Biotech in Campus Journalism Contest
- GAIN Report on Philippine Biotech
- Brookes Presents Global Impact of Biotech Crops to Indonesian Stakeholders
- IFAD Funds Root and Tuber Crops R & D Program in Asia-Pacific Region
- Food Security Discussed in Hanoi
- Scientists to Sequence, Analyze Soil DNA
- Modern DNA Technology Applied on 19th Century Potatoes
- A Draft Genome Sequence of Nicotina benthamiana to Enhance Molecular Plant-Microbe Biology Research
- Plant and Animal Genome XXI Conference
- Korea Hosts 10th International Congress on Plant Molecular Biology
- Biotech Communication Chapters on Thailand, Malaysia and Bangladesh
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: