CGIAR CEO Talks About the Org's Way ForwardSeptember 26, 2012
Frank Rijsberman, the CEO of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) Consortium, has released an official statement where he relayed the organization's plan in the future to sustain agriculture. According to Rijsberman, CGIAR will further focus on providing scientific support for long-term solutions on today's global food crisis. He added that the new CGIAR Fund aims to provide reliable and predictable multi-year funding to enable research planning over the long term and resource allocation based on agreed priorities between the donor and the research community.
To do this, CGIAR is looking to more than double the organization's research funding from $673 million in 2010 to US$1.6 billion by 2025. With this, Rijsberman calls on the international community to support CGIAR's research efforts and collaborations among all agriculture development stakeholders for a food secure future.
View the full transcript of Rijsberman's statement at http://www.cgiar.org/consortium-news/cgiar-global-research-partnership-for-a-food-secure-future/. The French version is available at http://www.lalettrediplomatique.fr/contribution.php?choixlang=1&id=50&idrub=236.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO, France Vow Partnership for Food Security
- CGIAR CEO Talks About the Org's Way Forward
- Cameroon Partners with IITA to Improve Agriculture
- CIMMYT, IITA Conduct Training on Seed Production and Field Trials Management
- Twisting of Plants' Roots Prompted by Barriers, Researchers Find
- Bacillus Subtilis not Always a Good Bacterium, Scientists Reveal
- Scientists Uncover How Plants Create Benzoic Acid
- AMA Reiterates Support for GM Technology
- Filipino Student Writers to Feature Crop Biotech in Campus Journalism Contest
- GAIN Report on Philippine Biotech
- Brookes Presents Global Impact of Biotech Crops to Indonesian Stakeholders
- IFAD Funds Root and Tuber Crops R & D Program in Asia-Pacific Region
- Food Security Discussed in Hanoi
- Scientists to Sequence, Analyze Soil DNA
- Modern DNA Technology Applied on 19th Century Potatoes
- A Draft Genome Sequence of Nicotina benthamiana to Enhance Molecular Plant-Microbe Biology Research
- Plant and Animal Genome XXI Conference
- Korea Hosts 10th International Congress on Plant Molecular Biology
- Biotech Communication Chapters on Thailand, Malaysia and Bangladesh
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: