FAO, France Vow Partnership for Food SecuritySeptember 26, 2012
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Republic of France have further strengthened their ties as the two parties renewed their framework agreement for food security. The framework agreement particularly focuses on the world's food system sustainability; increase of resilience in vulnerable populations; reinforcement of global standard-setting work that can be brought to the country level; and providing continuity to increase the participation of all stakeholders for food security.
The two parties further agreed that better international coordination and increased information exchange are essential to ease tight markets on foods. However, both France and FAO stand in the position that the world is not in the state of food crisis but everyone needs to remain vigilant.
See FAO's news release at http://www.fao.org/news/story/en/item/156553/icode/.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO, France Vow Partnership for Food Security
- CGIAR CEO Talks About the Org's Way Forward
- Cameroon Partners with IITA to Improve Agriculture
- CIMMYT, IITA Conduct Training on Seed Production and Field Trials Management
- Twisting of Plants' Roots Prompted by Barriers, Researchers Find
- Bacillus Subtilis not Always a Good Bacterium, Scientists Reveal
- Scientists Uncover How Plants Create Benzoic Acid
- AMA Reiterates Support for GM Technology
- Filipino Student Writers to Feature Crop Biotech in Campus Journalism Contest
- GAIN Report on Philippine Biotech
- Brookes Presents Global Impact of Biotech Crops to Indonesian Stakeholders
- IFAD Funds Root and Tuber Crops R & D Program in Asia-Pacific Region
- Food Security Discussed in Hanoi
- Scientists to Sequence, Analyze Soil DNA
- Modern DNA Technology Applied on 19th Century Potatoes
- A Draft Genome Sequence of Nicotina benthamiana to Enhance Molecular Plant-Microbe Biology Research
- Plant and Animal Genome XXI Conference
- Korea Hosts 10th International Congress on Plant Molecular Biology
- Biotech Communication Chapters on Thailand, Malaysia and Bangladesh
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (March 29, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (March 22, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: