European Seed Association Puts Plant Breeding Innovation at the Heart of a Sustainable EU Agri-food PolicyOctober 4, 2017
The European seed sector launched the campaign #EmbracingNature to emphasize and explain the essential role that plant breeding innovation plays in tackling Europe's agri-food challenges, including meeting consumer demands and contributing to a highly productive and more sustainable agriculture and food production system.
Nigel Moore, President of the European Seed Association (ESA), representing the seed sector in the conference panel on Modern Biotechnologies in Agriculture and Societal Challenges said that Europe cannot afford to miss out on the opportunity to develop new varieties more quickly, more efficiently, and address the needs of farmers, consumers, and the environment in a more targeted way.
The European seed sector calls upon the EU to ensure a supportive public policy that enables plant breeding innovation, and to consider the latest plant breeding methods as essential components of the plant breeders' toolbox, concludes Garlich von Essen, Secretary General of the European Seed Association.
For more details, read the news release in the ESA website.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- GM Wheat Used to Make Bread with Less Gluten
- Uganda Biotechnology Research Boosted by New Facility
- OFAB-Kenya Recognizes Excellence in Science Journalism
- Uganda President Calls for GM Crops Adoption in Africa
- Cagayan De Oro Stakeholders Discuss Philippine Biotech and Biosafety Regulations
- Scientists Decode the Genome of Fall Armyworm
- European Seed Association Puts Plant Breeding Innovation at the Heart of a Sustainable EU Agri-food Policy
- Overexpression of OsERF48 Enhances Root Growth and Drought Tolerance in Rice
- MuMADS1 and MaOFP1 Regulate Fruit Qualities in the Tomato Ovate Mutant
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Application of CRISPR-Cas9 on Allotetraploid Rapeseed
- Scientists Develop Hyper Accurate Cas9 for CRISPR
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Overexpressed CYP85A3 Confers Enhanced Biomass Production in Transgenic Plants
From the BICs
- Cagayan De Oro Info Officers Learn about Biotech Social Media Campaign
- Conference of Cereal Biotechnology and Breeding
- 20 Years of Bt Maize in Spain
Subscribe to CBU: