USDA Requests for Public Input on Agricultural CoexistenceSeptember 25, 2013
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced that the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) will soon publish a notice in the Federal Register asking the public to comment on how agricultural coexistence in the United States can be strengthened.
"The Advisory Committee on Biotechnology and 21st Century Agriculture recommended that USDA support agricultural coexistence by strengthening education and outreach on this vital issue," said Secretary Vilsack. "In response, with this notice, we are asking all those with a vested interest in coexistence to help us learn more about what coexistence means to them, how they are already contributing to it, and what more is needed to achieve coexistence. With this input, we can continue the dialogue begun by the AC21 group and find practical solutions that will help all sectors of American agriculture be successful."
The notice seeks public comment to identify ways to foster communication and collaboration among those involved in all sectors of agriculture production. The 60-day comment period begins upon publication of the notice in the Federal Register.
For more information, visit http://www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/2013/09/ac21.shtml.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- A Decade of Research Says GM Crops are Safe, Yet Debate Remains Intense
- Global Scientific Community Stands Up for Golden Rice
- Public Should be Made Aware of GM Application and Benefits, says Kenyan Governor
- Field Trials of Biotech Cowpea Begin in Ghana
- AGRA Unveils a Report on Status of Agriculture in Africa
- Climate Change and Abiotic Stress Workshop Held in Egypt
- Biologists Reveal Role of a Protein in Crop Traits Modification
- Grocery Manufacturers Association Launches Website on GM Food
- USDA Requests for Public Input on Agricultural Coexistence
- Biochemists Crack Nitrogen Fixation Code
- NAST Philippines' Statement on the Golden Rice Multiloc Trial Destruction
- US and Pakistan Partners in Disease Resistant Wheat Project
- Scientists Discover Mechanism Regulating Direction of Plant Cell Growth
- New Charity to Develop Under-Utilized Crops to Tackle Global Food Security
- Scientists Study Effects of Bt Brinjal on Rhizospheric Bacterial Community Structure
- Binding Characterization of Cry Proteins to the Brush Border Membrane Vesicles of Insect Pests
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientists Explain the Genetics of Smell
- Study Reveals Key Genes of Sandalwood
- IHC 2014 - ISHS/ProMusa Symposium
- 5th International Conference on Food Engineering and Biotechnology
- UNCTAD Trade and Environment Review 2013
- Biotech Trait Annual Updates
Subscribe to CBU: