Grocery Manufacturers Association Launches Website on GM FoodSeptember 25, 2013
The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) launched www.FactsAboutGMOs.org, a new website that contains basic information about genetically modified (GM) food ingredients. The website is designed for consumers, policy makers, and the media who want to research about GM food. Links to important articles governmental food safety agencies, medical and health organizations, news agencies, food safety experts, and non-governmental organizations are provided in the website covering various topics such as safety, food prices, environment, poverty, and malnutrition.
"GMA and its member companies will continue to advocate for the continued safe and effective use of agricultural biotechnology to increase the food supply while lowering cost. And we will continue to engage in an informative dialogue with our consumers so that they understand the safety, prevalence and benefits of GM technology and so that they can make informed choices for themselves and their families," said GMA president and CEO, Pamela Bailey.
GMA, based in Washington, D.C., is a consortium of more than 300 food, beverage, and consumer product companies in the U.S. and other countries.
Read GMA's press release at http://www.gmaonline.org/news-events/newsroom/grocery-manufacturers-association-launches-wwwfactsaboutgmosorg/.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- A Decade of Research Says GM Crops are Safe, Yet Debate Remains Intense
- Global Scientific Community Stands Up for Golden Rice
- Public Should be Made Aware of GM Application and Benefits, says Kenyan Governor
- Field Trials of Biotech Cowpea Begin in Ghana
- AGRA Unveils a Report on Status of Agriculture in Africa
- Climate Change and Abiotic Stress Workshop Held in Egypt
- Biologists Reveal Role of a Protein in Crop Traits Modification
- Grocery Manufacturers Association Launches Website on GM Food
- USDA Requests for Public Input on Agricultural Coexistence
- Biochemists Crack Nitrogen Fixation Code
- NAST Philippines' Statement on the Golden Rice Multiloc Trial Destruction
- US and Pakistan Partners in Disease Resistant Wheat Project
- Scientists Discover Mechanism Regulating Direction of Plant Cell Growth
- New Charity to Develop Under-Utilized Crops to Tackle Global Food Security
- Scientists Study Effects of Bt Brinjal on Rhizospheric Bacterial Community Structure
- Binding Characterization of Cry Proteins to the Brush Border Membrane Vesicles of Insect Pests
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientists Explain the Genetics of Smell
- Study Reveals Key Genes of Sandalwood
- IHC 2014 - ISHS/ProMusa Symposium
- 5th International Conference on Food Engineering and Biotechnology
- UNCTAD Trade and Environment Review 2013
- Biotech Trait Annual Updates
Subscribe to CBU: