Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and AustraliaAugust 10, 2022
ISAAA Inc., BioTrust Global, the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Center (MABIC), Murdoch University, and the National Seed Association Malaysia will hold the workshop Policy Considerations for Gene Editing: The Asian and Australian Perspective at Sunway Clio Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia from August 23 to 25, 2022. The registration is now open for interested participants.
The three-day workshop aims to:
- raise awareness among stakeholders to enable science-based participation in the development of policy and regulatory framework for gene editing in Asian countries;
- facilitate harmonization in gene editing regulations in the region; and
- support advancement in gene editing applications.
This workshop intends to inform local policymakers, regulators, and other stakeholders about how they can proactively play a role in developing their respective national policies for gene editing to support international harmonization of gene editing policies, enhance applications of gene editing and reduce trade barriers, and ultimately, support sustainable food security.
Registration fees for international participants from the private sector are US$200, inclusive of accommodation at Sunway Clio Hotel, meeting package, and workshop dinner. Registration fees for participants from Malaysia are RM400, inclusive of the meeting package and workshop dinner.
Download the workshop flyer for more details.
You might also like:
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
Gene Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
Research and Tools
- Improving Rice Eating and Cooking Quality Through Gene Editing
- Workshop to Explore Policy Considerations for Gene Editing in Asia and Australia
- Scientists Develop Genome-edited Goats
Policy Considerations and Approvals
- STOA Report on Genome-edited Crops and 21st Century Food System Challenges
Trends and Impact
- New Breeding Technologies Can Help Sustain African Agricultural Systems
Public Acceptance and Engagement
- Genome Editing and Traditional Breeding Have Similar Risks
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: