Gene Drive Webinar: Integrating Social, Economic and Health Aspects Into Decision-making ProcessJuly 27, 2022
ISAAA Inc., the ISAAA network of Biotechnology Information Centers, and the Outreach Network for Gene Drive Research will hold the webinar Integrating Social, Economic and Health Aspects Into Decision-making Process on July 28, 2022, at 2:00 PM (GMT+8) via Zoom. The registration is now open.
The discussions will answer the following questions:
- What is the role of socio-economic impact assessment and how do they complement ERAs?
- How are the potential social, economic and health impacts of gene drives assessed?
The online event is the final of three webinars and aims to provide the public an overview of the different dimensions of gene drive impact and risk assessments, including environmental and socio-economic aspects. It will feature Ms. Delphine Thizy, Target Malaria's Stakeholder Engagement Senior Advisor, and Dr. Krishna Ravi Srinivas, Senior Fellow and Consultant at Research and Information System for Developing Countries. Dr. Mary Grace Dacuma, Assistant Zoology Professor at the Institute of Biological Sciences in the University of the Philippines Los Baños, will moderate the discussions.
You might also like:
- Experts Call for the Inclusion of Local Communities in the Implementation of Gene Drive Technology
- Gene Drive Regulations to Evolve as the Technology Advances -Experts
- Gene Drive: The Technology and its Potentials for Biodiversity Conservation
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Gene Drive Webinar: Integrating Social, Economic and Health Aspects Into Decision-making Process
- Australians Welcome Using Gene Drive to Manage Feral Cats
- Africa Continues Fight Against Malaria
- Model Predicts Eradication of Large Invasive Mammals Using Gene Drive
- Testing CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Drive for Prevention of Prion Diseases
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (August 10, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (August 10, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (July 27, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: