Building Knowledge and Regulatory Capacity in Animal Biotech in Response to Climate ChangeJanuary 25, 2023
ISAAA Inc., in cooperation with the US Department of Agriculture under the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) High-Level Policy Dialogue on Agricultural Biotechnology (HLPDAB) Forum, organizes the virtual workshop titled Building Knowledge and Regulatory Capacity in Animal (Livestock and Aquaculture) Biotech (GE and GnEd) in Response to Climate Change to be held on February 27-28, 2023. ISAAA Inc. will host the event via Zoom.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- global overview of animal biotech for climate change resiliency, food, and agriculture
- opportunities for animal biotechnology for climate change resiliency
- challenges in the commercialization of climate change resilient animals; and
- animal biotech regulation.
Focal points of respective Governments of the APEC member economies in the High-Level Policy Dialogue on Agricultural Biotechnology that are involved in overseeing research, release to the environment, and commercialization of biotech livestock and aquaculture are encouraged to nominate their proposed participants to attend the workshop. The nomination is open until February 1, 2023. Download the nomination form and then send the filled out copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Zoom link will be provided to approved participants.
You might also like:
- APEC Members Discuss Genome Editing Technology and Policy Strategies
- APEC Members Tackle Developments in Biotech Regulations
- APEC Economies Discuss Developments in Biotech Regulations
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Adoption Delay of New Technology Always Disadvantageous to Consumers
- Media and Politics Affect GMO Adoption for Food in Uganda
- UC Riverside Researchers Discover Building Blocks of Photosynthesis
- Asia-Pacific Faces Threat of Urban Food Insecurity
- Building Knowledge and Regulatory Capacity in Animal Biotech in Response to Climate Change
- B-SAFE Webinar Series: Biotechnology Applications and Impact on the Philippine Livestock Industry
- EFSA Publishes Criteria for Risk Assessment of Plants Produced by Targeted Mutagenesis, Cisgenesis, and Intragenesis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Single Guide RNA for CRISPR-Cas9 System Based on Rice Bacterial Blight Resistance Gene
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (January 25, 2023)
- Genome Editing Supplement (January 18, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (January 25, 2023)
Subscribe to CBU: