Review Paper Presents Role of Lactoferrin in Plant DefenseJanuary 11, 2023
Experts from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine reviewed the general principles of plant protection against pathogens and the role of iron and antimicrobial peptide metabolism in plant immunity. The review paper is released in Transgenic Research.
Crops are prone to many diseases due to pathogens like viruses, bacteria, and fungi. The article shows the antibacterial, fungicidal, and antiviral action principles of lactoferrin, a mammalian secretory glycoprotein, and lactoferrin peptides and their role in protecting plants from phytopathogens. It also contains a comprehensive analysis and potential prospects of using the lactoferrin gene to improve the resistance of plants to different phytopathogens, as well as the impacts of this biotech approach over the present techniques used in protecting plants from various diseases.
Read the review paper in Transgenic Research.
You might also like:
- Isolation and Expression of Antimicrobial Camel Lactoferrin (cLf) Gene in Tobacco
- Pocket K No. 26: Molecular Pharming and Biopharmaceuticals
- Pocket K No. 41: Nutritionally-Enhanced GM Feed Crops
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Policy Brief Presents Environmental, Socio-economic, and Health Impact Assessment for Gene Drive Organisms
- Nations Adopt Agreement to Protect Biodiversity with 2030 Goals and Targets
- APHIS: GE Soybean and GE Chrysanthemum Unlikely to Pose Increased Plant Pest Risk
- More than 100 Tons of Golden Rice Harvested in the Philippines
- Gene Mechanism Affecting Rice Chill Tolerance Discovered
- Transgenic Hairy Root System of Field Mustard Helps Decrease Cadmium Pollution in Soil
- Study Reveals Impact of Sulfur on Mercury Accumulation in Rice
- Review Paper Presents Role of Lactoferrin in Plant Defense
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 21, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 14, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: