Pakistan and China Collaborate to Build Intelligent Agriculture SystemsFebruary 10, 2021
China and Pakistan have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enhance agricultural cooperation and establish intelligent agricultural systems in Pakistan. According to China Economic Net, on behalf of the Ministry of National Food Security and Research, Pakistani Ambassador to China Moin Ul Haque signed the MoU with the China Aerospace Construction Group.
The MoU will also be instrumental in developing the fishery industry and shrimp farming in Pakistan.
During the meeting, Ambassador Haque and Gao Feng, Chairman of CACG, also discussed other possible projects for modernization of Pakistan's agricultural sector, which was a priority under the government's socio-economic development agenda for laying the foundations for sustained economic growth.
Meanwhile, Iqrar Ahmad Khan, former Vice-Chancellor of Agriculture University said that the Xinjiang-agriculture development model could help to improve cotton production in Pakistan.
According to Gwadar Pro, he was speaking at a live forum jointly organized by China Economic Net and Machinery Engineering Corporation of China to mark the launch of the China-Pakistan Agricultural and Industrial Cooperation Information platform.
For more updates on biotechnology in Pakistan, visit the Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center website.
You might also like:
- SINO-Pak Hybrid Rice Research Center Inaugurated at ICCBS
- Pakistan and China to Work Together in Advancing Agriculture
- Pakistan-China MOU to Develop Agriculture Sector, Biotechnology
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Developing Countries Outperform Industrial Countries in GM Crop Adoption
- Researchers Find Peptide that Treats and Prevents Citrus Greening
- Pakistan and China Collaborate to Build Intelligent Agriculture Systems
- Chinese Scientists Unravel the Genome Sequence of Chayote to Improve Its Tuber and Fruit Development
- Overexpression of Plasma Membrane Proton Pump Gene in Rice Promotes Less Fertilizer Use
- Indonesia Passes Post-monitoring Regulation for Genetically Engineered Crops
- BOxO Gene Confers Resistance against Stem Rot in Brown Mustard
- Nanopore Technology Provides GM Plant Molecular Characterization in Just 1 Week
- France's Researchers and Experts Support Agriculture Minister's Vision for New Plant Breeding Technologies
- Leading Scientists and Politicians Welcome Defra Gene Editing Consultation
- Demand for Nutritious Food and Targeted Treatments Fuels Growth of CRISPR Market
- Study Shows Climate Change May Have Driven Emergence of SARS-CoV-2
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: