European Commission Grants Import Permit for Corn Rootworm Resistant CornJuly 31, 2019
The Agrisure Duracade® trait (event 5307) offers a healthier corn crop and higher yield potential through a new trait rotational option for CRW management. Syngenta says that the trait is different from the other traits available in the market. It has a unique mode of action to control CRW by expressing a protein that binds differently in the CRW's gut and is stacked with a proven mode of action against the pest. This results in a 4.1 bushel-per-acre advantage over their products that did not have the trait.
Using the seeds with Agrisure Duracade® trait has following benefits: (1) having less damage from insects that feed on the corn's ear, stalks and leaves, (2) a better crop stand, and (3) having a more robust corn root system underground.
The said approval from the European Commission covers all corn grain and corn-derived products for food and feed use in the EU's member countries. This allows European corn farmers better access to the trait, thus helping them protect and maximize their annual yield.
You might also like:
- China Gives Import Approval for Corn Rootworm Resistant Trait
- Pocket K No. 6: Bt Insect Resistant Technology
- GM Approval Database: Insect-Resistant Maize Approved Events
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Reference Genomes Show Strengths, Similarities of Grain and Sweet Sorghum
- USDA Approves Field Trials of Gene-edited, Virus Resistant Tomatoes
- Scientists and Regulators Tackle Issues on Agri-biotech and Biosafety in Jember, Indonesia
- New Software Enables Sensitive and Customized Off-target Detection for CRISPR-Cas9
- European Commission Grants Import Permit for Corn Rootworm Resistant Corn
- Plant-based Beyond Meat Offers a Healthier Option, Nutrition Experts Weigh In on the Hype
- European Commission Authorizes 10 GM Crops for Food and Feed
- OsNCED5 Gene Controls Salt and Water Stress Tolerance in Rice
- Scientists Pinpoint a Rice Gene that Confers Broad-spectrum Herbicide Resistance
- DNA-free Genome Editing Using Preassembled CRISPR-Cas9 with Ribonucleoproteins
- European Scientists Join Forces to Enable Potential of Genome Editing
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (February 21, 2024)
- Gene Editing Supplement (February 14, 2024)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: