ISAAA's New Journey BeginsJune 5, 2019
In a message published in the ISAAA Blog, Dr. Mahaletchumy Arujanan, ISAAA's new Global Coordinator invites agricultural biotechnology stakeholders to join her and ISAAA in a new direction that will to realize the full potential of the technology in achieving agricultural sustainability and development.
"The impact created by ISAAA in all major continents makes me extremely proud to be at the helm as its Global Coordinator," she said. Dr. Arujanan is also the Executive Director of the Malaysian Biotechnology Information Centre (MABIC), the Malaysian node of ISAAA's global network of Biotechnology Information Centres (BICs).
Read her full message in the ISAAA Blog.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Biofortification Improves Nutrition and Benefits Developing Countries, Research Reveals
- AgriLife Research Study Gene Expressions in Sugarcane Aphid-Resistant Sorghum
- Study Reveals Climate Change is Already Affecting Global Food Production
- Japan Initiates Discussion of Labeling for Genome Edited Foods
- Biotech Critics Seeks Complete Ban on GM Crops in India
- Functional Regulatory Systems Vital to Reap Biotech Crop Benefits, Experts
- 170 Scientists Gather in Barcelona to Share Forefront Plant Research
- Long-term Adoption of GM Maize in Spain and Portugal Proves to Benefit Farmers and the Environment
- Bt Proteins in Rice Degraded in Paddy Soils
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Exploring the Origins of the Apple
- Transgenic Fungus Rapidly Killed Malaria Mosquitoes in West African Study
- ISAAA's New Journey Begins
- Chinese Researchers Study Alkaline Tolerance in Rice Using CRISPR-Cas9
- Another CRISPR Tool Shows Great Potential to Advance Science
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: