EuropaBio Brochure Tackles EU Protein Gap, Trade, and GMOsAugust 22, 2018
EuropaBio has released the brochure, The EU Protein Gap, Trade and GMOs to inform the current debate with the objective of supporting a rational, coherent and realistic protein strategy.
EuropaBio states that closing the protein gap and growing more protein crops in the EU would take very big efforts over many years. The EU should invest more in research and recognize that discriminating against innovation and technology has actually widened the gap.
Read or download a copy of the brochure from the EuropaBio website.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists Release Fully Annotated Wheat Reference Genome
- Nigeria's Federal High Court Ruling Permits Bt Cotton Commercialization
- Researchers Use Wheat's Bacterial Partners to Fight A Pathogen
- Scientists Identify Enzyme that Could Accelerate Biofuel Production
- CSIRO Works on Next Generation Synthetic-Like Cotton
- Filipino Farmer-leaders Show Support for Biotech Crops
- Biotech Players Discuss Biodiversity Agreements and Protocols
- Scientists Determine the Genomic Predictability of 25 Agronomic and Quality Traits in Alfalfa
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Scientists Update on CRISPR Utility for Crop Improvement
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used to Knockout Genes for Pollen Tube Growth
- CRISPR-Cpf1 Used in Targeted Gene Replacement in Rice
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Gene Editing Technique Used to Develop Spider Silk-producing Silkworm
- African Biosafety Leadership Summit Tackles Gene Drive Technology
- India Starts Research on GE Mosquitoes to Combat Dengue
From the BICs
- Short Course Exposes Asian Stakeholders to Agri-biotech Communication
- Crop Innovations and Regulations Conference
- EuropaBio Brochure Tackles EU Protein Gap, Trade, and GMOs
- Video: Saving the Orange
Subscribe to CBU: