ASTA Launches Plant Breeding Animation VideoJuly 19, 2017
The American Seed Trade Association (ASTA) launched the Plant Breeding Innovation, an animated video that shares the story of plant breeding by exploring its history and future, from the ancient domestication of wild crops to gene editing and beyond.
The video, along with others like it, is available at the ASTA Video Library.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists Discuss Upcoming Biosafety Law in Egypt
- Ugandan Government Supports Passage of Biosafety Bill
- Scientists Identify Link Between Plant Nitrogen Uptake and Greenhouse Gas Reductions
- Induced Defences in Tomato Plants Cause Cannibalism among Pests
- USDA Urged to Start Over on Proposed Rule to Revamp Biotech Regulation
- International Team Uncovers How Wheat Lost Battle Against Blast
- CSIRO Releases Australia's Food and Agribusiness Roadmap
- Australian OGTR Approves Field Trial of GM Wheat and Barley
- Scientists Discover Plants Use Calcium to Send Internal Warning Signals of Aphid Attacks
- Pathogen-inducible Ta-Lr34res Expression Confers Disease Resistance in Barley
- Ectopic Expression of OsExtensin-like Gene in Rice Enhances Plant Lodging Resistance
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Development of Low-Cesium Rice Plants via CRISPR-Cas
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Harvard Scientists Use CRISPR-Cas to Store Movie Clips in DNA
- Beyond Promises: Facts About Biotech/GM Crops in 2016
- ASTA Launches Plant Breeding Animation Video
Subscribe to CBU: