CSIRO Releases Australia's Food and Agribusiness RoadmapJuly 19, 2017
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) released the Food and Agribusiness Roadmap, which shows detailed action plans for new products and innovation to ensure future success in the sector. The new technologies include algae-based protein, allergenic-free nuts, tolerable varieties of lactose and gluten, and edible packaging to reduce environmental impact.
The Roadmap centers on the themes of keeping a greater share of food processing onshore and better differentiating Australian food product. This calls for businesses to act quickly or risk losing future revenue streams to the competitive global market.
"Australian businesses are among the most innovative in the world, and together with our world-class scientists, can deliver growth in the food and agribusiness sector amid unprecedented global change," said CSIRO Deputy Director Dr. Martin Cole.
Read the full report from CSIRO.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists Discuss Upcoming Biosafety Law in Egypt
- Ugandan Government Supports Passage of Biosafety Bill
- Scientists Identify Link Between Plant Nitrogen Uptake and Greenhouse Gas Reductions
- Induced Defences in Tomato Plants Cause Cannibalism among Pests
- USDA Urged to Start Over on Proposed Rule to Revamp Biotech Regulation
- International Team Uncovers How Wheat Lost Battle Against Blast
- CSIRO Releases Australia's Food and Agribusiness Roadmap
- Australian OGTR Approves Field Trial of GM Wheat and Barley
- Scientists Discover Plants Use Calcium to Send Internal Warning Signals of Aphid Attacks
- Pathogen-inducible Ta-Lr34res Expression Confers Disease Resistance in Barley
- Ectopic Expression of OsExtensin-like Gene in Rice Enhances Plant Lodging Resistance
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Harvard Scientists Use CRISPR-Cas to Store Movie Clips in DNA
- Beyond Promises: Facts About Biotech/GM Crops in 2016
- ASTA Launches Plant Breeding Animation Video
- Development of Low-Cesium Rice Plants via CRISPR-Cas
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (October 4, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: