CCAFS Releases Downscaled, Ready-to-Use Climate DataJanuary 29, 2014
The CGIAR Consortium's Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security (CCAFS) has released a downscaled, ready-to-be-used climate data which include around 25 Global Climate Models (GCMs) for four Representative Concentration Pathways (RCP) and four time periods (2030s, 2050s, 2070s and 2080s). The newly-released data corresponds to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) 5th Assessment Report.
To accompany the release of the climate data, CCAFS-Climate is also rolling out a new and improved user-friendly interface that enhances the functionality and visual appeal of the portal. The changes include a fancy new search engine for the easy location of datasets and the option of downloading files by geographic tile rather than the entire globe.
Future plans for CCAFS-Climate include the possibility of housing data from crop models in addition to climate models, and the extraction of daily GCM data at its original resolution.
For more information, visit http://ccafs.cgiar.org/blog/hot-out-oven-fresh-data-ccafs-climate#.UuhcYz2wrVQ.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- CCAFS Releases Downscaled, Ready-to-Use Climate Data
- Research Project to Strengthen Agriculture in Angola
- South Africa Launches a Bio-economy Strategy
- Farmers in Burkina Faso SOFITEX to Get Financing from Harvested Cotton
- Wisconsin Researchers Identify Key Pathway for Plant Cell Growth
- GM Purple Tomatoes Harvested in Canada
- Researchers Discover Receptor Vital to Plant Response to Injury and Pests
- Cultivation of Bt Brinjal Starts in Bangladesh
- Biotech Crops Improve Asian Small Farmers' Lives, Study Reveals
- ICRISAT Identifies Climate Resilient Germplasm for Chickpea Breeding
- Adoption and Uptake Pathways of GM/Biotech Crops by Small-scale, Resource-poor Filipino Farmers
- Canada Shows Interest to Develop Pakistan's Agriculture Sector
- Rothamsted Research Submits Application for Field Trial of GM Camelina
- Scientists Unravel Molecular Switch Promoting Leaf Growth
- Scientists Report Two Distinct Pre-pores Involved in Cry1Ab Toxicity
- Improving Tobacco Tolerance Against Peach Potato Aphid Using Plant-mediated RNAi
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Scientists Decode Locust Genome
- Research Team Announces Complete Genome Sequencing of Water Buffalo
- Genomics Research 2014
- Indian Seed Congress 2014
- Audio Version of 'Insights' Essays Now Online
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (June 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (May 31, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: