DNA Demo and Biotech Lecture to Students in BangladeshJanuary 30, 2013
Bangladesh Biotechnology Information Centre (BdBIC) in collaboration with Biotechnology Department of Bangladesh Agricultural University conducted a day-long program on DNA demonstration and Biotech lecture for college students on December 31, 2012. The program was attended by 50 students who were given lectures on recombinant DNA technology and various aspects of biotechnology. They were given updated information on the current global and country status on genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and the field trial results of Bt Brinjal, blight resistant potato, and Golden Rice in Bangladesh.
The students also visited the biotech laboratories and were oriented with various molecular biology equipment and their function. Laboratory demonstrations that were conducted such as DNA isolation from rice and potato which were visualized upon electrophoresis on a gel documentation system motivated the students for more queries and discussion.
For details of this event, contact Prof. Dr. K. M. Nasiruddin of BdBIC at email@example.com.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Scientists Decode 90 Lines of Chickpea Genome
- Farmers in Burkina Faso Get Improved Cowpea Varieties from IITA
- South Africa Ratifies Nagoya Protocol
- Climate Change Likely to Cause Food Production Drop By 30% In Africa
- Ethiopian PM - Africa Needs to Increase Budget for Agriculture
- Scientists Discover Gene Responsible for C4 Photosynthesis
- Researchers Probe Soil Dwelling Bacteria that is Believed to Protect Crops
- Scientists Explain How Salt Impedes Plant Growth
- Study Reveals Epigenome Changes Control Tomato Ripening
- New Biotech Soybean Products Launched in North America
- IRRI Updates on its GM Rice Research
- University of Sydney Scientists Developing Heat Tolerant Crops
- DNA Demo and Biotech Lecture to Students in Bangladesh
- Information Exchange on Biotech Crops in Hanoi University of Agriculture
- Scientists Explain the Mechanism of Plant's Constant Growth
- Lactoferrin-expressing Tobacco Show Improved Phytopathogen Resistance
Beyond Crop Biotech
- New Synthetic Polymer Matches Rigidity of DNA
- New Issue of the Biofuels Supplement
- International Conference on Agriculture and Biotechnology
- World Biotechnology Congress 2013
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (September 27, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: