Pakistan-China MOU to Develop Agriculture Sector, BiotechnologyFebruary 11, 2015
A China-Pakistan Trade and Investment Symposium was held at the Embassy of Pakistan in Beijing on January 20, 2015. In his message delivered during the event, Pakistan's Ambassador to China Mr. Masood Khalid said that Chinese and Pakistani companies can work together to develop the two countries' agriculture sector, specifically biotechnology, which will help attain food security. Mr. Khalid urged the Chinese business community to explore Pakistan's vast market potential. There are products that should be considered, including cotton, rice, cereals, animal feed, fruits, and vegetables.
Lubna Pathan, Director General of the Punjab Board of Investment and Trade (PBIT), said the event aimed at enabling participants from Pakistani business and investment community to interact with their Chinese counterparts to expand mutual cooperation and investment, explore opportunities and promote trade contacts. A framework memorandum of cooperation between Beijing Zhubang Commercial Center, Beijing International Economic and Trade Development Association and PBIT was also signed during the occasion.
Read the article at: http://www.pabic.com.pk/news_detail.php?nid=64. For more information about agricultural biotechnology in Pakistan, visit the Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center website at: http://www.pabic.com.pk/.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Public and Scientists' Views on Science
- Cotton Farmers in Kenya Submit Petition to Lift GM Import Ban
- Reprogramming Plants for Drought Tolerance
- Improving Sorghum's Yield
- Australia May Soon Import GM Carnation
- ISAAA Brief 49 Launched in Hanoi, Vietnam
- China to Enhance Public Awareness of GM Technology
- Scientists Find Mechanism for Master Switch of Plant Growth
- Scientists to Control Leaf Blotch Disease in Wheat
- Overexpression of MlNAC5 Enhances Drought and Cold Tolerance in Arabidopsis
- Proteins from Trichoderma Vital in Inducing Maize Resistance to Leaf Blight
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Draft Genetic Code of Dog Roundworm
From the BICs
- Pakistan-China MOU to Develop Agriculture Sector, Biotechnology
- The Plant Genomics Congress USA
- Updated Pocket K on Ethics and Agbiotech
Subscribe to CBU: