IICA Presents Report on Biofuels to Inter-American Ethanol CommissionSeptember 28, 2007
The Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) has presented a report on agro-energy to the Inter-American Ethanol Commission, during a meeting of the Inter-American Ethanol Commission (IEC).
Chelston Brathwaite, Director General of IICA, stated that the future looks very bright for all the countries that produce and export bio-fuel, be it ethanol or bio-diesel, and that the development of agro-energy offers an opportunity for countries to position themselves strategically in the international market. According to Brathwaite, Latin America and the Caribbean countries could use agro-energy as the focal point for creating a large bloc of renewable energy suppliers in the emerging international agro-energy market.
The study “Agro-energy and Bio-fuels Atlas of the Americas - Ethanol,” was prepared by IICA in response to a request from the IEC in January 2007. It is the first in a series of three studies on the state of and outlook for ethanol, bio-diesel and agro-energy production in the hemisphere.
For more information and to access the report visit: http://www.iica.int/noticias/detalles/2007/CP38-2007_eng.pdf
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Plants May Tell Us Why People Respond Differently to Drugs
- Biofuels May Contribute to Global Warming, Says Study
- Plants Send Messages Over Their Own Network
- Soybean Production Now in Vogue in Borno Nigeria
- Risk and Benefits of Adopting Bt Cotton in WA
- Brazil's CTNBio Approves Syngenta's Bt Maize
- Positive EU Safety Decision for LibertyLink® Soybeans
- New USDA Quality Compliance of GE Products Launched
- Pioneer Releases New Soybean Varieties in Illinois for 2008
- DuPont Partners with Iowa State to Enhance Biofuel Production
- Fortifying Wheat with Biodiesel Co-products
- Brazil: R$8.8 Million for Research Proposals in Science and Technology
- IICA Presents Report on Biofuels to Inter-American Ethanol Commission
- Monsanto to Use Evogene Genes
- Evogene and Ormat Announce Biodiesel Collaboration
- RP Biotech Expert Assures Consumers that GMOs are Safe
- PhilRice Develops New Flood Tolerant Rice
- Vitamin C for Plant Growth
- Hepatitis B Vaccine from Transgenic Rice
- High Yielding and Stress Tolerant Rice by Insertion Mutagenesis
- Wheat DNA Fragment Reduces Pollen Transmission in GM Maize
- Monitoring Pleiotropic Effects of GM Wheat: Flavonoid Profiling
- Bt Cotton Training Course in India
- OFAB Website Launched
Subscribe to CBU: