Workshop to Raise Awareness about Biotechnology in Hoa Binh ProvinceDecember 10, 2010
A workshop to raise awareness about biotechnology crops and products to provincial officials in agriculture was organized at AP PLAZA Hotel, Hoa Binh province last 6th December 2010. The workshop was co-organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), Agbiotech Vietnam and the local provincial administrations.
The workshop attracted more than 90 participants from Hoabinh Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Hoa Binh Department of Science and Technology, various media agencies, University of North West – SonLa province, farmers associations, extension workers and centers. Provincial Lawyers' Association, and agriculture officials form 11 districts of the province.
The participants were updated on the developments in agri-biotechnology in the world and in Vietnam from Dr. Le Huy Ham, Director of Agriculture of Genetics Institute and Dr. Pham Van Toan of MARD. Mr. Le Tien, Director of Agbiotech Vietnam, discussed their activities in promoting biotechnology awareness and guided the participants on how to access and update information.
Hoa Binh is a potential region for growing corn in Vietnam. The workshop was an opportunity for the provincial districts in remote areas to access new technological achievements in agriculture and determine their interest to adopt the technology.
For information on the workshop and on biotechnology in Vietnam, email Hien Le of Agbiotech Viet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Governments Meet to Advance Support on Plant Genetic Resources Treaty
- FAO DG: Transform Agriculture through Climate-Smart Practices
- CBU's 7th Set of Borlaug Medal Winners and Ipod Touch Winner
- Mali Cabinet Adopts Decree on National Biosafety Committee
- Purdue Scientists Develop a Nanoparticle with Antimicrobial Ability against Listeria
- Climate Change Could Reshape Future Crop Agriculture
- Reversing Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies by Fortifying Crops
- Resolution on Halal Status of GM Crops and Foods Adopted at Agri-biotech Workshop for Islamic Scholars
- Biotech Potato Reduces Disease Incidence and Seed Import in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Breeds for Stress Tolerant and Nutritious Rice Through Biotech
- Global Status of Patent Protection for Transgenic Events of Major Crops
- Bringing Agri-biotech to Life in China
- Bangladesh Approves 2nd Year Field Trial of RB Potato
- Workshop to Raise Awareness about Biotechnology in Hoa Binh Province
- An Australian First for Lupin Genome Project
- University of Western Australia Receives Donation for Genome Sequencing Equipment
- Biotech Workshop for Agricultural Officials in East Java, Indonesia
- EFSA- Scientific Opinion on Renewal of Authorization of GM Soybean Event 40-3-2
- NIAB's Detection of Barley Pigment Genes, Step Towards Improving Yield and Disease Resistance
- Scientists Report Occurrence of Natural Transgenes
- Deletion of Smut Fungi Genes Determines Crop Protection
- The Evolution of Potato Blight Pathogen
- Food for Thought: BIO Videos Offer Bite-Size Answers to Biotech Questions
- FAS-GAIN Report in Biotechnology in Malaysia
Read the latest:
- Crop Biotech Update (December 1, 2022)
- Genome Editing Supplement (November 23, 2022)
- Gene Drive Supplement (December 1, 2022)
Subscribe to CBU: