Biotech Company To Launch Near Zero Sugar JuiceAugust 2, 2023
Two variants of Near Zero Sugar juice are to be launched in the fourth quarter of 2023 by a Bangkok-based food biotechnology company. The juices have 70% of their natural sugar removed.
Juice is the world's third-largest drink, but it lacks low-sugar alternatives. That's why researchers from IncreBio decided to produce a Near Zero Sugar Juice that has a sugar content that is lower than those found in plain milk. To achieve this, the company developed and used a proprietary fermentation platform that managed the path of sugar-reducing microbes within a bioreactor to reduce the natural sugar in the juice.
Apple Juice and Orange Juice variants of the Near Zero Juice will be offered in Singapore by the end of this year. These variants have the opportunity to achieve Nutri-Grade B.
For more information, read the news article from Technode Global.
You might also like:
- Fungi may Hold Key to Reducing Grapefruit Juice Interactions with Medications
- "Reject" Watermelon Juice as Feedstock and/or Nitrogen Supplement for Ethanol Fermentation
- A Sweet Idea: Converting Watermelon Juice into Ethanol
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- CRISPR Alters Onion for the First Time
- Yield10 Bioscience Files Request for Regulatory Status Review of Omega-3 Camelina
- Bayer Biotech Corn Launched in Indonesia; To Boost Yield by 30%
- ISAAA Inc. to Hold ASCA6 on September 11-15 in Indonesia
- Scientists Induce “Virgin Birth” on Fruit Flies
- Biotech Company To Launch Near Zero Sugar Juice
- APEC Economies Tackle Regulatory and Policy Solutions for Agri-biotech
- Scientists Discover a Protein’s Step-By-Step Activation Process
- Researchers Develop In Vivo Gene Editing Model to Treat Blood Disorders
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (December 7, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: