ISAAA Inc. and Partners Release Policy Brief on Animal BiotechFebruary 8, 2023
ISAAA Inc., in partnership with the Philippine Agriculture and Fisheries Biotechnology Program and the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research and Agriculture (SEARCA), released a policy brief on Modern Animal Biotechnology: Benefits, Future Directions, and Policy Recommendations.
Authored by Dr. Ernelea P. Cao, Professor at the University of the Philippines Diliman, the policy brief provides a summary of genetically engineered animals and research on genome-edited animals conducted in various institutions worldwide. The brief recommendations a science-based regulatory framework specifically designed for GM animals and a separate regulatory process for genome-edited animals. Dr. Cao also pushes for continuous and effective science communication alongside research and regulations to help reap the benefits of innovative animal technologies.
Download the policy brief for more details.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
- Scientists Discover Sorghum Gene Against Anthracnose
- ISAAA Inc. and Partners Release Policy Brief on Animal Biotech
- Experts Highlight Ag-biotech’s Role to Achieve Europe’s Food Security Goals
- Thailand Updates Regulation of GM Foods
- Application Filed for Marketing of COVID-19 mRNA Booster Vaccine in Japan
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: