PABIC Collaborates with ICCBS and HEC for Science News Writing CourseOctober 24, 2018
An "English News Writing Skills Development Course" jointly organized by the Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center (PABIC) in collaboration with the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), the University of Karachi, and the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan was conducted on August 29 to October 23, 2018 at University of Karachi, Pakistan.
The course was conducted to make science simple and understandable to the common person so that anyone can understand the importance of science such as modern biotechnology. It was attended by more than 30 researchers and science students. The audience said that the course was very helpful, as science news can sometimes be difficult to comprehend for the public because of certain terminologies and language. They added that they are now able to write news in a language that is more understandable for the public. The course was relayed nationwide in various universities of Pakistan and also through video conference facility under the project Virtual Education Project Pakistan.
For more about biotechnology developments in Pakistan, visit the PABIC website.
Biotech Updates is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a not-for-profit organization. It is distributed for free to over 22,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Ugandan Farmers' Demand for Biotech Intensifies
- Kenyan President Okays Planting of Bt Cotton
- Ethiopian Government Banking on Agri-biotech to Help Steer Economic Development
- Grass Genes for Breeding Better Crops
- Scientists Review Gene Edited Crop Regulation in the US
- USDA Approves GE Low-Gossypol Cotton
- Enzyme Plays Key Role in Plant Response to Cold
- First GM Crop in Indonesia Soon to be Commercialized
- UK Teen Survey Reveals Attitudes Towards Food and Farming
- Hormone Makes Plant Growth Possible in Space
- Sugar Transporter Genes Contribute in Wheat Grain Weight During Drought
From the BICs
- PH Experts Provide Training on Eggplant Germplasm Characterization
- PABIC Collaborates with ICCBS and HEC for Science News Writing Course
- Science and She: Dr. Barbara Mugwanya Zawedde
- Updated Pocket Ks on GM Traits
- Cas14: The Newest Addition to the Gene-editing Enzyme Family
- Researchers Present Gene Editing Applications in Horticultural Crops
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used to Retain Function of Mutated Growth Gene in Tomato
Read the latest:
- Biotech Updates (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Editing Supplement (November 29, 2023)
- Gene Drive Supplement (February 22, 2023)
Subscribe to BU: