Punjab Seed Council Approves New Bt Cotton VarietyJanuary 8, 2020
A new variety of Bt cotton was approved by Punjab Seed Council, together with other new seed varieties. These new varieties of crops were developed to combat severe weather conditions and diseases in Pakistan, according to Punjab Agriculture Minister, Malik Nauman Ahmad Langrial.
He mentioned the approvals during the 53rd meeting of Punjab Seed Council at Agriculture House wherein 10 varieties of seeds were approved, including 1 Bt cotton event FH-444 and 9 varieties of olive.
The Minister lauded the efforts of agricultural scientists in developing the new varieties.
Read more from Agropages.
You might also like:
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Vitamin A-Enriched Rice Approval in PH Gets Support from Golden Rice Humanitarian Board
- Technology to Accelerate Search for Drought Tolerant Chickpeas
- PH Solon Lauds Approval of Golden Rice, Endorses Passage of Nat'l Biotech Law
- Punjab Seed Council Approves New Bt Cotton Variety
- China Announces Plan to Issue Biosafety Certificates for GM Soybean and Corn
- South Australia Lifts Ban on GM Crops
- PH President Confers Order of National Scientist to Biotech Champ
- Protein in Tomato Explains Long-standing Plant Immunity Mystery
- HKU Plant Scientists Identify Strategy to Enhance Rice Grain Yield
- GM Poplar Field Trials Result to Sustainable Biomass Production Without Isoprene Emission
Plant Breeding Innovations
- OsABA8ox2 Suppresses Root Elongation and Contributes to Drought Response in Rice
- Functional FLN2 Vital in Salinity Tolerance of Rice
Subscribe to CBU: