2018 IPBO ConferenceApril 4, 2018
What: 2018 IPBO Conference: "Scientific innovation for a sustainable development of African agriculture"
Where: VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology, Technologiepark 927, 9052 Ghent, Belgium
When: August 30-31, 2018
The overall objective of this conference is to bring different researchers from Belgium/Europe and Africa who are working on agriculture and/or plant biotechnology. Topics that will be discussed during this meeting are (1) Relevant crops for Africa, (2) Creating new plant varieties through scientific innovation, (3) Biotic stresses threatening crop yields, (4) Abiotic stresses threatening crop yields, (5) Improved soil fertility to enhance crop yield, (6) Mycotoxins, a threat for both human and animal health, and (7) Enhancing the nutritional value of important crops for Sub-Saharan Africa.
The deadline for early registration (with reduced fee) is on June 15, 2018. For more details, visit the Conference website or contact the International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (IPBO, VIB-UGent): firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Agribiotech Can Unlock Business Opportunities in Africa
- High Hopes as Uganda's Biotech Bill Gets 'Second Chance'
- Scientists Publish Additional Soybean Reference Genomes
- Australian Vine Helps Boost Soybean Yield
- CAS Researchers Discover Evidence of the Beginning Rice Cultivation
- USDA FAS-GAIN Reports Agri-biotech Updates in Pakistan
- Genome Archaeologists Uncover Origin of Plant Hormone Auxin
- The Royal Society Report Says UK Public Cautiously Optimistic about Genetic Technologies
- Sugar Transporters in Tea Plants Also Involved in Plant Response to Stresses
- GhPEPC2 Gene Regulates Seed Oil Accumulation in Cotton
- Researchers Find Gene Regulating Plant Growth and Pest Resistance in Rice
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Researchers Study Morphological Impact of ERECTA Genes in Rice Using CRISPR
- Gene Promoter Used to Optimize CRISPR for Targeted Genome Editing in Maize
- Chinese Scientists Perform Gene Replacement in Rice
- US Agriculture Secretary Issues USDA Statement on Plant Breeding Innovation
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Engineering Yeast to Make Non-Narcotic Cough Suppressant
- Animal Scientist Highlights Role of Genetic Modification in Livestock Health, Growth and Well-being
- 2018 IPBO Conference
Subscribe to CBU: