Confined Field Trial of GM Maize MON810 Starts in VietnamAugust 31, 2016
The Agricultural Genetics Institute of Vietnam and Pioneer Hi-Bred Vietnam Company Ltd. cultivated seeds of GM maize event MON810 for confined trial on March 17, 2016 in Van Giang district, Hung Yen province. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development approved the trials in January 2016.
Representatives from different agencies were present during the start of the confined field trials, including Department of Biodiversity Conservation (Vietnam Environment Administration, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment); Department of Science, Technology and Environment (MARD); Biosafety Committee of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development; Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Hung Yen Province, Divisions of Agriculture and Rural Development, Natural Resources and Environment and Experimental Station of Van Giang district.
GM maize MON810 has improved trait to resist attacks of corn borer. MON810 seeds were planted on 1,368.4 square meters of land at the Van Giang Experimental Station, Lien Nghia commune, Van Giang district, Hung Yen province.
The original article in Vietnamese is available at the Vietnan BCH Portal.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- GM Seeds Market Growth to Increase through 2020 Due to Rise in Biofuels Use
- Tanzania Minister Asks Ugandan Researchers to Help Farmers
- Kenyan County Executives of Health, Environment and Agri Call for Lifting of GMO Ban
- Cornell University and edX Offer GMO-focused Massive Open Online Course
- FSANZ Calls for Submissions on GM Potato
- Confined Field Trial of GM Maize MON810 Starts in Vietnam
- Large Scale Field Trial of GM Maize MIR162 in Son La, Vietnam
- EFSA Publishes Scientific Opinion for Market Release of Five-Event Stack Maize
- Gshdz4 Gene from Wild Soybean Regulates Bicarbonate Tolerance in Arabidopsis
- Cotton Gene GhRaf19 Confers Cold Resistance but Negatively Regulates Drought and Salt Tolerance
Plant Breeding Innovations
- ARGOS8 Variants Generated via CRISPR-Cas9 Improve Maize Grain Yield
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Improving Betulinic Acid Production in Betula platyphylla
- Kenyan Scientist Receives the 2016 Norman Borlaug Award
- Infographic: How do GMOs Help Preserve H2O?
- Biotech Country Facts and Trends
Subscribe to CBU: