Korea Holds Plant Breeding SymposiumJuly 23, 2014
The Korean Society of Breeding Science hosted a symposium "Plant Breeding Strategies for Improvement of Productivity" on July 2-4, 2014 at Ramada Plaza Jeju Hotel in Korea. Co-organizers were the Next-Generation BioGreen21 Program and Golden Seed Project.
Topics of discussion were on conventional breeding strategy in China (Zhong-Ze Piao, Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Science, China), development and utilization of hybrid rice in China (Zhi-Xiang Lu, Anhui Academy of Agricultural Science, China), conventional breeding goal (Bo-Kyoung Kim, National Institutie of Crop Science, South Korea), and GM crops development strategy of the private sectors in domestic (Hee-Young Park, Syngenta).
For details of the symposium, visit http://www.breeding.or.kr/.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- ISAAA Brief 47: The Status of Commercialized Bt Brinjal in Bangladesh
- Genetic Blueprint of Bread Wheat Genome Unveiled
- Global Biotech Groups Unite
- US House Agri Subcommittee Highlights Benefits of Biotech
- Report Shows GM Corn Area Nearly Doubled in a Decade
- Hokkaido Farmers Hopeful for Field Trials of GM Crops
- Less Chlorophyll to Boost Wheat Yields
- Novel Gene for Salt Tolerance Found in Wild Soybean
- Korea Holds Plant Breeding Symposium
- Researchers Capture Genetic Snapshot of Maize
- Scientists Watch Photosynthesis in Action
- Solar Ultraviolet Radiation May Improve Grape Fruit and Wine Quality
- Rhodococcus Requires Only a Single Cytokinin to Cause Gall Symptoms.
- MLO Gene Family may Hold Key to Powdery Mildew Resistance in Rosaceae Species
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Chlamydial Infection in Men Causes Apoptosis of Sperm Cells
- Bioinformatics Training
- Country Biotech Facts and Trends
- Infographic on GM Safety
Subscribe to CBU: