Gene Drive Organisms: There is No One Size Fits All
The potential uses and impacts of gene drive technologies are a topic of growing interest in many countries at the international and national levels. A continuation of our webinar series last year, the 2022 Gene Drive Webinar Series aims to explore gene drive in its many types to show there is no “one size fits all” approach when evaluating policies’ implications or assessing gene drive risks.
On the first webinar of the series, experts provide participants with an introduction to different types of gene drives and how guidance and frameworks need to be able to adapt to these differences.
Dr Alekos Simoni
Polo d’Innovazione di Genomica, Genetica e Biologia
Dr Owain Edwards
Group Leader, Environmental and Synthetic Genomic
CSIRO Land & Water
Dr Guan-Hong Wang
Chinese Academy of Sciences
The webinar is hosted by ISAAA Inc. and co-organized with the Outreach Network for Gene Drive Research and the ISAAA Biotechnology Information Centers.
2022 Gene Drive Webinar Series
- Gene Drive Organisms: There is No One Size Fits All
- Key Considerations for Risk Assessment of Gene Drive Technologies
- Integrating Social, Economic and Health Aspects Into Decision-making Process
- Gene Drives are Not All The Same - Dr. Alekos Simoni
- Regulatory & Policy Approches to the Diversity of Gene Drives - Owain Edwards