ISAAA Monitors Progress of Research on COVID-19May 20, 2020
ISAAA is monitoring the progress of research on COVID-19 treatments using plant-based technologies such as genetic engineering and genome editing, as well as other related techniques. We also keep track of the pandemic's effect on food security and agriculture. This is our effort to provide science-based information that can help the public make decisions and actions to mitigate and recover from the impact of COVID-19. We have summarized all publications and articles related to COVID-19 in the COVID-19 Resource page of the ISAAA website.
ISAAA released a new Pocket K, COVID-19 Treatment Efforts Using Plant Technologies, which discusses research being done by scientists from various fields all over the world to curb the pandemic. These include test kits using CRISPR and algae, potential plant-based treatments (therapeutics), using plants as biofactories (vaccines), and global efforts to combat the COVID-19 crisis.
To access all ISAAA publications and articles on COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 Resource now.
For researchers who wish to publish their findings in the Crop Biotech Update, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also like:
- Pocket K No. 58: COVID-19 Treatment Efforts Using Plant Technologies
- COVID-19 Vaccine Development Using New, Fast-Growing Tobacco Plant Technology
- Food Security Expert Says COVID-19 Pandemic Calls for Reassessment of Food Systems
ISAAA shares, disseminates, and promotes science-based information to help in achieving global agricultural sustainability and development. During this time of COVID-19 pandemic, we monitor research on treatments, vaccines and keep track of the pandemic's effect on food security and agriculture. We help the public make informed decisions and actions to mitigate and recover from the impact of COVID-19. At this crucial time, we need your help. Please support our efforts today from as little as $10
See more articles:
- Medicago Announces Positive Results of Trials for its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate
News from Around the World
- ISAAA Monitors Progress of Research on COVID-19
- Kenyan Researchers Seek Approval to Introduce Disease-Resistant Cassava
- ARS Scientists Identify Genes Associated with Postharvest Deterioration of Fresh-Cut Lettuce
- USDA Finalizes SECURE, Eases Up Biotech Regulations
- Scientists Solve 20-Year Old Wheat Genetics Puzzle
- South Australia Moves Closer to Planting GM Crops
- EFSA Releases Scientific Opinion on Oilseed Rape MS11
- Plant Viruses Found to Potentially Treat Diabetes, Arthritis
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Cas12b/C2c1 Tested in Targeted Mutagenesis of a Dicot
Subscribe to CBU: