UBIC Holds Meeting for Biotech Communication StakeholdersMarch 2, 2016
The Uganda Biosciences Information Center (UBIC) in collaboration with Science Foundation for Livelihoods and Development (SCIFODE) held a Biotech Communication meeting at the National Crops Resources Research Institute (NaCRRI) on February 26, 2016. The meeting discussed the status of biotech research and communication in various National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) research institutes. The event also identified present and future communication challenges, and developed strategies to address them.
The meeting was attended by communication officers from various NARO institutes all over the country, as well as representatives from various stakeholder institutions such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. The participants deliberated strategies towards better and more effective science communication, especially for newer technological advances in agricultural research. Potential areas of collaboration were also identified. Participants agreed that more efforts were needed to strengthen biotech communication skills for the officers to enhance confidence while relaying the information to their respective communities.
For more information, contact the UBIC coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- International Team Decodes Mesoamerican Bean Genome
- Researchers Find Molecular Marker for Calcium in Potatoes
- New Study Reveals Eliminating GMOs would Take Toll on Environment, Economies
- Study Shows Plants Forget Unused Memories
- Filipino Farmer Leaders Learn from Bt Brinjal Farmers in Bangladesh
- Genome Sequence of Cultivated Groundnut Completed
- Wageningen UR Develops Method for Selecting Plants with Better Photosynthesis
- Overexpression of PslTIR1 in Tomato alters Fruit Shelf-life Characteristics
- Mutated Garlic Gene Expressed in Rice Confers Resistance to Sheath Blight
- Expression of Tomato Prosystemin in Tobacco Enhances Plant Resistance to Botrytis cinerea
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Bacteria Take "Mug Shots" of Threatening Viruses
- University of Missouri Scientists Breed PRRS Resistant Pigs using CRISPR
From the BICs
- UBIC Holds Meeting for Biotech Communication Stakeholders
- 5th International Conference and Exhibition on Metabolomics
- 3rd Plant Genomics Congress: Asia
Subscribe to CBU: