'Road Movie' on Plant Resistance to DiseaseFebruary 17, 2016
Researchers at the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA) are studying the mechanisms of plant resistance against disease, particularly against apple scab. As part of their project, they created an animated film, Road Movie, to explain how scientists are identifying genes that have durable resistance.
See the video at INRA's News Portal.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO DG: More Must be Done to Ensure Access to Agbiotech of Family Farmers in Developing Countries
- Ancient Flowering Plant Found Poisonous
- GE Rice High in Iron and Zinc Developed
- Farmer Leaders in Uganda Pledge Support for Agri Biotechnology
- Scientists Modify Plant Gene to Trick Bacterial Defense to Attack Virus
- New Study Sheds Light on Plant Evolution
- Expression of Arabidopsis L-type Lectin Receptor Kinase Genes in Tobacco Confers Phytophthora Resistance
- DPB3-1 from Arabidopsis Enhances Heat Stress Tolerance without Growth Retardation in Rice
- Government Commissioned Study Did Not Find Glyphosate in Breast Milk
- Expression of Arabidopsis Bax Inhibitor-1 in Sugarcane Confers Drought Tolerance
- Analysis of Block of cell proliferation 1 (BOP1) Function in Strawberry and Arabidopsis
- Metabolic Engineering for Proanthocyanidin Production by Repressing Isoflavone Pathways
Beyond Crop Biotech
- Kiel Scientists "Shrunk" Laboratories
- 7th International Crop Science Congress
- 'Road Movie' on Plant Resistance to Disease
Subscribe to CBU: