Bangladesh Food Minister Stresses Use of Modern Technology in AgricultureOctober 23, 2009
Food and Disaster Management Minister of Bangladesh M. A. Razzaque, chief guest at a reception ceremony of agriculturist lawmakers in Dhaka, emphasized the use of modern agricultural technology to alleviate the food crisis in the country. He mentioned that varietal improvement through breeding and modern techniques may be utilized to assure food security in a country where population surge is the great threat to food availability.
The Minister also suggested employing agriculturists up to the grass root unit (Union Council) of administration. The meeting was presided over by Prof. MAS Mondal, Vice Chancellor, Bangladesh Agricultural University and was attended by around 3,500 people.
For more information about the meeting, email Dr. Khondoker Nasiruddin of the Bangladesh Biotechnology Information Center at email@example.com.
The Crop Biotech Update is a weekly newsletter of ISAAA, a non-for-profit organization. The CBU is distributed for free to over 23,000 subscribers worldwide to inform them about the key developments in biosciences, especially in agricultural biotechnology. Your support will help us in our mission to feed the world with knowledge. You can help by donating as little as $10.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Diouf: Need for Total and Rapid Elimination of Hunger
- Hall of Laureates to Honor Borlaug
- Wageningen, CIP and Cornell Team up to Fight Phytophthora
- SASHA for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Turning Food Crisis into Opportunities for African Agriculture
- Mexico Approves GM Corn Trials
- NSF Gives USD 101 Million to 32 Plant Genome Projects
- Corn Amylase Improves Efficiency and Environmental Footprint of Corn to Ethanol
- Internet and Newspapers as Sources for Biotech Communication
- India's GEAC Recommends Commercial Release of Bt Brinjal
- GM Blue Roses to Hit Japanese Shelves Next Month
- Monsanto and Huazhong Agric University Collaborate on Plant Biotech Research
- Bangladesh Food Minister Stresses Use of Modern Technology in Agriculture
- Royal Society Report Calls for "Sustainable Intensification of Global Agriculture"
- Changing Smell of Plants Announces Pathogen Attack
- Nanoagriculture: Carbon Tubes Enhance Seedling Germination and Plant Growth
- Structure of Phytohormone Receptor Reveals New Ways of Improving Drought Tolerance
- Workshop on National Biotech Communication Strategies
- Bio MicroWorld 2009
- GM Crops Coexistence Conference in Melbourne
Subscribe to CBU: