Analysis of Expression Profiles of Nuclear Factor-Y Genes in CassavaSeptember 25, 2019
Nuclear factor-Y (NF-Y) is the regulatory protein relating in various important processes in plants. It included of NF-YA, NFYB, and NF-YC subunits.
By using the bioinformatics tools, scientists at Agricultural Genetics Institute in Vietnam have identified a total of 14 genes encoding NF-YC (MeNF-YC) in the cassava genome. The structural analysis showed that the plurality of MeNF-YC composed only one exon, similar as previously confirmed in other plant species. They found that most of MeNF-YC genes expressed in at least one tissue or organ in cassava plants were in the normal condition.
The study provides comprehensive information on the genes encoding NF-YC in cassava, thereby suggesting a list of candidate genes for studying the functional characterization to improve the unfavorable condition tolerance of cassava.
For more information, read the full article in Vietnamese at Vietnam Science and Technology Magazine.
You might also like:
- Biofortified Cassava Shows Higher Levels of Iron
- Tanzania Has 2 New Cassava Varieties Resistant to CBSD and CMD
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used to Reduce Symptoms of Cassava Brown Streak Disease
ISAAA shares, disseminates, and promotes science-based information to help in achieving global agricultural sustainability and development. During this time of COVID-19 pandemic, we monitor research on treatments, vaccines and keep track of the pandemic's effect on food security and agriculture. We help the public make informed decisions and actions to mitigate and recover from the impact of COVID-19. At this crucial time, we need your help. Please support our efforts today from as little as $10
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Nigeria Stresses Importance of Biotechnology for Food Security
- Study Opens Door to Flood Resistant Crops
- Scientists Discover Way to Make Crops Grow in Salty Soils
- Adoption of GE Corn, Cotton, and Soybeans in the U.S. Close to Saturation, USDA-ERS Reports
- Biologists Identify Six Genes in Maize Responsible for Production of Plant Antibiotics
- Safety Assessment of GM Crops Completed in Korea
- Bt Brinjal Technology Boosts Yield, Reduces Pesticides in Bangladesh, IFPRI Reports
- Most Complete Potato Genome Sequence Published
- Analysis of Expression Profiles of Nuclear Factor-Y Genes in Cassava
- Hydrophobic Forces, Not H-Bonds, Bind DNA Together
Plant Breeding Innovations
- Engineering Broad-Spectrum Bacterial Blight Resistance in Rice Using CRISPR-Cas9
- Scientists Use CRISPR to Develop Apples Resistant to Fire Blight
Subscribe to CBU: