Asian Biotech Crop Importing Countries Hold Seminars on Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops for 2013March 12, 2014
Biotech crops importing countries South Korea, Japan, and Indonesia hosted the seminar of ISAAA founder and Emeritus Chair Dr. Clive James' Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops for 2013. In Seoul, Korea, the media conference was held on February 17 and participated by 25 journalists. Inquiries were on the status of the development and commercialization of biotech crops in Europe, climate change, and the possible solutions to public mistrust and awareness about GM crops. Four media interviews were conducted for print and online releases.
In Tokyo Japan, a seminar held on February 18 was participated by more than 100 stakeholders interested in biotechnology. Dr. Clive James' presentation of the Global Status Report was well received as well as the presentations of Dr. Randy Hautea on biotech corn commercialization in the Philippines, Dr. Masahiro Suzuki on activities of Center for Biotechnology in Japan, and Nippon Biotechnology Information Center (BIC) director Dr. Fusao Tomita on biotech crop awareness and acceptance in Japan. The ISAAA team was received by the US MInister-Counselor for Agricultural Affairs David Miller during their visit at the US Embassy in Tokyo.
The Jakarta, Indonesia seminar was held on February 28 with 128 people in attendance. Dr. Mahaletchumy Arujanan of Malaysia BIC joined Dr. James and Dr. Hautea by giving a presentation on Communicating agri-biotech: Scientific accuracy vs popularized myths. Two interviews for release on television were conducted featuring Dr. Clive James.
Fof further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- Governments Prepare for Implementation of Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit-sharing
- International Team Crack Sesame Genome
- Researchers Discover Plant Without Chloroplasts
- Scientists Develop Biofortified Sorghum for Africa
- Entomologists Update Definitions of Terms Related to Resistance to Biotech crops and Pesticides
- Scientists Identify Gene that May Ease Genetic Modification in Plants
- Vilsack Reveals Plan for Biofuels
- Bt Brinjal Cultivation in Bangladesh Follows Biosafety Measures, Says Ag Minister
- Asian Biotech Crop Importing Countries Hold Seminars on Global Status of Commercialized Biotech/GM Crops for 2013
- Vietnam, Slow and Cautious on GM Crop Adoption
- Philippines Increases Biotech Adoption in 2013
- NAAS Endorses GM Crops for Nutritional Security
- Pakistan Finalizes Strategy to Make Quality Cotton Seed Available
- India's Biotechnology Strategy Highlights Importance of GM Crops
- New Study Shows OPR Protein Function Important for Photosynthesis
- EU Innovation Scoreboard Shows Need for Action to Keep Innovation and Industry in Europe
- Predators Delay Pest Resistance to Bt Crops
- Biotech Rice Expressing Exo-glucanase Show Enhanced Production of Reducing Sugars
- Livestock Biotech Summit
- VIB Publishes New GM Background Report
Subscribe to CBU: