USDA FAS Releases Report on Agri-biotech Status of South AfricaFebruary 27, 2019
The report highlights that the production of GE corn, soybeans, and cotton in South Africa has reached 2.7 million hectares. About 94% of corn plantings, over 95% of soybean plantings, and 100% of cotton plantings are all GE seeds. Thus, the country is the largest GE crops producer in Africa, and ninth in the world.
Download the report from USDA FAS.
See more articles:
News from Around the World
- FAO Report: Biodiversity Vital for Food and Agriculture Declining Fast
- USDA FAS Releases Report on Agri-biotech Status of South Africa
- Scientists Develop Wheat that Fights Celiac Disease
- US Ag Secretary Perdue: "Don't Fear Your Food"
- Isabela Governor: "Golden Rice is a Responsible Research"
- Independent Review Finds GM Crop Moratorium in South Australia Costing Farmers Millions
- Researchers Discover How Cell Walls are Assembled
- Overexpression of Maize Gene Enhances Salt and Drought Tolerance in Transgenic Tobacco
- Scientists Develop Method for Regeneration and Transformation of Groundcherry
Plant Breeding Innovations
- CRISPR-Cas9 Used to Develop Lignin-enriched Rice
- Scientist Expounds on Process and Benefits of CRISPR-Cas9 System in SEARCA BIC Policy Brief
- CRISPR-Cas9-mediated Editing Reveals a Major Role of a SUMO Protease in Rice Salt Tolerance
- International Conference on Plant Breeding for Sustainable Development
- Infographics: How Crops are Genetically Modified
- 5 Questions with Dr. CD Mayee, the Farmer's Son Who Became India's Champion of Biotech
Subscribe to CBU: